Try out this wearable yet mysterious and sexy palette this summer! Pair deep violets and a smokey eye technique with a bold matte lip to turn up the heat during any event! Perfect for night, or day outings yet not overdone! Sexy, fun, and unique - this look has it all.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Rockstar/deep violet shimmer (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fireball/peach pink shift (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sellout/pinky champagne shimmer (about $19.00)
- Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black ( about $19.00 )
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black ( about $23.00 )
- Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop ( about $38.00 )
- Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Baby Love/soft nude (about $26.00)
- Meet Matte Hughes Lipstick in Charming/Rich Mauve (about $19.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a deep violet shadow into the crease. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Rockstar/deep violet shimmer. Keep the middle of the upper eyelids clear of shadow. Also apply this subtly in the lower corners of the lower lashline, sweeping inwards to about the middle of the lower lashline softly.
- Blend a pink shade into your deep purple and blend well. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fireball/peach pink shift. Keep this pink shade towards the outer edge of where you applied your purple. Blend, blend, blend.
- Apply a pop of color to the eyes by applying a soft, shimmering, shade such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sellout/pinky champagne shimmer to the middle of the upper eyelids. Blend towards your purple crease shade, by also keep them defined and separated. This gives your eyes depth.
- Line your upper eyes with a stark, clean streak of black liner. I used Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black.
- Accentuate your lashes with two coats of a lengthening, curling mascara. I used Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black.
- Apply a soft, champagne shimmering highlight to the apples of your cheeks and under your eyebrow arch. I absolutely love the Becca brand highlighters, they are so soft and yet long lasting and very pigmented. I used Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop.
- Buff a natural looking blush into the hollows of your cheeks. I used Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Baby Love/soft nude, it also has subtle flecks of gold in it which really makes this look glow!
- Last, apply a stunning, bold, matte lip. Meet Matte Hughes Lipstick in Charming/Rich Mauve is a perfect shade. It's conditioning to the lips, bright enough to really accentuate your lips yet the matte aspect of the shade gives it a somewhat subdued appeal. You're finished!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.