Combine the best of both worlds by applying aspects of dark and light looks in one palette! Want a smokey, mysterious look but still want to wear it in a summery way? Add a pop of color and a subtle blended lip! Perfect for a summer outing!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Rockstar/deep violet shimmer (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/matte black (about $19.00)
- Sugar Pill Eyeshadow in Goldilux/gold shimmer (about $19.00)
- Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black ( about $19.00 )
- Sephora Soft Eyeliner in Black ( about $12.00 )
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black ( about $23.00 )
- Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop ( about $38.00 )
- Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Baby Love/soft nude (about $26.00)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Lipliner in Hex/deep wine (about $20.00)
- Meet Matte Hughes Lipstick in Charming/Rich Mauve (about $19.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a rich, violet or purple eyeshadow all over the upper and lower eyelids. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Rockstar/deep violet shimmer. Blend outwards softly.
- Apply a deep black, matte shadow such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/matte black into the upper crease and corners of the eyes. Blend well. Also swipe this shade along the bottom lashline, smudging subtly as you go.
- Apply a glittery gold shadow to the inner eyes to add a pop of fun color to this look. I always use Sugarpill loose shadows for my glitter pigments when I need a neon-esque effect. They are so pigmented and non-irritating! I used Sugar Pill Eyeshadow in Goldilux/gold shimmer for my inner "color pop" shade. You can find Sugarpill online.
- Line your upper eyes in a stark, clean black cat eye. I used Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black.
- Use a softer black liner on the bottom lashline to give the eyes extra definition. Smudge softly. I used Sephora Soft Eyeliner in Black. Liquid liner is too stark for this look and can be irritating to the eyes.
- Give your lashes some oomph by applying a lengthening mascara to them. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black is perfect for this.
- Highlight your upper cheekbones with a shimmering, champagne highlighter. Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop is one of my favorites, because it's natural yet noticeable and has a beautiful, golden hue. Also apply this lightly under your brow arch and along the bridge of the nose.
- Accentuate your cheeks by applying a natural blush to the hollows of them. I used Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Baby Love/soft nude, and buffed it outwards softly for a natural appeal.
- Line the outer corners of your lips with a deep wine lip liner, feathering inwards as you apply it. Urban Decay 24/7 LipLiner in Hex/deep wine is the perfect shade of purple. Noticeable yet not too extreme for this look. You want the eyes to have the drama, and the lips to be an accent.
- Apply Meet Matte Hughes Lipstick in Charming/Rich Mauve (about $19.00) over the lips, leaving the liner on the outer corners subtly visible. Blend the lips, so the two shades melt together. You're done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.