Looking for a unique holiday look that doesn't involve red, green, gold, silver or glitter? Try out this palette! This look is sultry, yet business, family and holiday friendly. You don't have to "tone it down" for the holidays if you don't want to! However, you can incorporate cool tones instead of the overdone, and usual holiday brights, glitters and pale neutrals to give your makeup routine a fun twist that will set you apart from the crowd.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Asphyxia - light purple/blue ( about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout - matte black ( about $19.00)
- Sephora Rouge Gel Lip Liner in 01 the nudest ( about $12.00 )
- NARS Lipstick in Cruising - nude pink ( about $27.00 )
- Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper - Black ( about $19.00 )
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Blush Palette in Naked - ( about $32.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a light blue violet, lavender or periwinkle shade to the upper eyelids and the lower waterline of the eyes. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Asphyxia - light purple/blue, which is the perfect shade for this look. Not blue, but not intense violet either. Just soft and eye catching.
- Apply a black matte shadow to the crease of the upper eyes and blend, blend, blend! Sweep this black shade onto your entire bottom lashline, also. Smudge and blend. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout - matte black. LOVE this shade, it has so much depth and no sparkle.
- Apply a delicate line of black liner to the upper lashline in a clean sweep. Keep it simple, not too heavy. I used Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper - Black. This liner is one I always go back to due to its precision. You can get perfect lines with it easily!
- Line your lips in a nude brown based shade. Feather this liner slightly into your lip but do not fill your entire lip with this shade. This nude color continues the cool palette we have going on with the light lilac eyeshadow. I used Sephora Rouge Gel Lip Liner in 01 - The Nudest.
- Fill in your lips with a soft pink nude lipstick in a matte finish. Don't apply this entirely over your lip liner, but rather feather it into it creating a blended look. This gives some great dimension to your lips. NARS Lipstick in Cruising - nude pink is a perfect shade for this.
- Highlight your upper cheek bones and under the arch of your brows. Add a light flush on a nude based blush to the hollows of your cheeks. Of course, make sure the shades you choose for this compliment each other. An easy way to assure that is to use a palette, such as the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Blush Palette in Naked. This comes with a highlight, a blush, and a contour. There are three various palettes but the "Naked" Flushed Blush Palette was perfect for this look with its more natural tones. A heavy blush and contour or highlight would've been over kill! You're done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.