I wanted to create a smoldering autumn look that is wearable and then also added a very fun kick to it at the end to show how you can easily take a wearable look and transition it into something more avante garde or editorial like. Building layers and adding to a rather simple look sometimes is all it takes to create a nice intricate work or art!
Here's a close up of the finished look, you can see without the outer edges of the abstract design, this would be a beautiful autumn smoky eye!
- NYX Jumbo Pencil Milk
- Glazel Visage Cosmetics-Orange Color
- Glazel Visage Cosmetics-Wine Color
- BH Cosmetics-Brown Color
- BH Cosmetics-Black Color
- Rimmel Black Eyeliner
- Mehron AQ Paradise Palette
- False Eyelashes
- L'Oreal Excess Volume Mascara
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- Apply an orange eyeshadow to the inner 1/3 of the eyelid.
- Apply a wine colored eyeshadow to the center or 2/3 of the lid.
- Then apply a brown eyeshadow to the outer edge of the eye, smudging it outward for a smokey effect.
- Apply a black eyeshadow to the outer edges of the eye as well as the lower lashline creating a really dramatic smoldering smokey effect.
- Then take a black and purple eyeliner and create random horizontal and vertical lines. The more abstract and less perfect the better!
- Then apply random spots or dots in white and orange or any other color you choose.
- Finish with black eyeliner as normal, false eyelashes and mascara!
View more posts from Yana here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: QNA Makeup Art
What a fantastic and beautiful feeling knowing that what you create is unique! READ MORE>>
Join my FB Group!