In our beauty community, we often come across bloggers sharing new favorites every month, sometimes even more frequently than that.
As cool as it is being able to test out new products and share new makeup discoveries with the world, always creating new looks, sometimes that's just not realistic...in terms what works for us on a daily basis in a real life!
Especially if you're a student, busy Mum or just busy at work...I think that most of us prefer finding the right product that will really work and achieve results in as less time as possible!
This inspired me to share with you the current content of my little makeup bag (and it's actually been filled with these same products for a while now!)
I love my makeup bag: It was a freebie (gift with purchase) from Yves Rocher. It's very practical and spacious enough. It has got two compartments, in the smaller one I carry my makeup brushes and the bigger one holds all the makeup I'm using at the moment.
I like the combination of brown and beige with golden threads, it makes the bag super pretty :-)
My summer makeup routine varies from my winter one and it's usually more simple and even easier to do!
My Current "Go To" Products:
- "Love" Mirror (always handy to have!)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle" review
- Kiko Sun Bronzing Blush #102 Brick Mandarin (Limited Edition)
- Shiseido UV Protective Compact Foundation SPF 30 in Medium Beige (I've used this product every summer, for years now!)
- Rimmel Compact Powder in #001 Transparent (well loved, as you can see, I hit the pan on it!)
- Benefit Ka- Brow! Cream- Gel Brow Color with Brush # 03 (because I need this in my life! lol) review
- Maybelline Instant Anti- Age Concealer in Light (another product that has been on my favorites list for years now!) featured here
- Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer # 010 Ivory (great and more affordable alternative to MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer)
- Chanel Eyelash Curler (it makes such a big difference, especially now that I hardly ever wear eyeshadow anymore!)
- Two Good Mascaras: I usually put the first coat of L'Oreal Voluminous and then Maybelline Lash Sensational
As far as lips, I do like to have a few options available! Now that we're in the summer months, I find that these shades work best for me:
- YSL Rouge Volupte in #32 (beautiful peachy pink color)
- Kiko Milano Creamy Colour Comfort Lip Liner #303
- Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector # 05
- Rimmel "Oh My Gloss!" #330 Snog (Very natural, "my lips but better" color)
As you can see, all these products are well loved :-)
I have many, many, makeup brushes, but these are the ones I currently use whenever I'm applying my makeup (which is definitely not on a daily basis...I'd say, it's more of on a weekly basis!)
Here are Real Techniques, Kiko Milano and some other random brands that I got to review as a result of different collaborations with Asian websites. These all do their job perfectly well and that's why I keep reaching for them, as they really give me that "5 min makeup face" that actually looks presentable!
How is your summer makeup routine?
Share your "Go-To" summer makeup in the comments below!
xo from Italy, Sonia Verardo
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.