During these last few weeks of summer it can be difficult to not jump immediately into fall trends, and fashions. This look combines summer shades with fall techniques to create a wearable lotd that can be used as a transitioning palette between the two seasons! You won't look like you're into your fall palette yet, but you also won't look like summer's early palette trends either.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in "Half Baked" (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in "Busted" (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in "Blackout" (about $19.00)
- Sugarpill Loose Glitter Eyeshadow in "Goldilux" ( about $14.00)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner Liquid in "Trooper/Black" (about $19.00)
- Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Two Timer ( about $21.00)
- Too Faced Cosmetics Cocoa Contour Palette (about $40.00)
- e.l.f. Natural Lash Kit ( about $1.00 )
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- On the upper eyelids apply a golden, shimmering shade ( not glittery ) heavily such as Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in "Half Baked." Apply all over the upper eye lids and the bottom waterline of the eyes. Buff more heavily in the inner corners of the eyes.
- Apply a shimmering bronze shade like Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in "Busted" to the crease of the upper eyelids. Make sure not to place this over your "Half Baked" shade entirely, keep it in the upper eye lid's crease only. Blend outwards towards the brows subtly. Apply this shade on the bottom water line of the eyes as well, but keep in the outer corners. You want to leave your "Half Baked" shade in the inner corners of the eyes visible.
- Apply a matte black shade, or a black shade with a hint of shimmer such as Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in "Blackout" to the crease of the upper eyes. Blend it in with your bronze, "Busted" shade and buff towards the outer corners of the upper eyes. Also apply this shade lightly to the bottom waterline of the eyes, but only in the outer corner lightly. Blend.
- Apply a glittery, bright yellow or gold shade to the inner area of each eye. I LOVE Sugarpill Cosmetics, their glitters stay on all day, don't irritate the eyes and look very vivid. I used Sugarpill Loose Glitter Eyeshadow in "Goldilux."
- Line your eyes in a sleek cat eye with a black liner such as Kat Von D Tattoo Liner Liquid in "Trooper/Black."
- Apply some natural lashes of your choice carefully. I used an e.l.f. Natural Lash Kit. Loved it! You can't beat the price either at about $1.00!
- Chisel your face with a light contour. I used Too Faced Cosmetics Cocoa Contour Palette and focused on my cheek bones primarily. I did not do a full contour. This palette is excellent, and smells amazing. You can use it for subtle or extremely chiseled looks, check out my review if you'd like!
- Apply a nude lipstick with some natural pink tones to the lips. This look is all about the eyes so we don't want to overdo it with a bold lip. I used Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in "Two Timer." It's full of antioxidants and plumps your lips! DONE!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.