Mermaid colors are still hot, hot, hot! You can wear this trend in a subtle or more whimsical way and since it's summer let's go for a look that is dramatic and bold! Neon green and blue? You can rock them! Look otherworldly sexy with this super fun palette!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Radium/peacock blue shimmer (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/matte black (about $19.00)
- Sugar Pill Eyeshadow in Midori/bright green shimmer (about $19.00)
- Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black ( about $19.00 )
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black ( about $23.00 )
- Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop ( about $38.00 )
- Becca LowLight Sculpting Perfector ( about $38.00 )
- Tarte Cheek Stain Blush in Glisten/golden peachy pink (about $30.00)
- Nars Velvet Lipliner in Karekare/bright rose (about $24.00)
- Sephora Rouge Matte Lipstick in Rock Queen/nude pink (about $12.50)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a shimmering blue shadow all over the eyelid and lower lashline. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Radium/peacock blue shimmer. Blend outwards softly.
- Apply a deep black, matte shadow such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/matte black into the upper crease and corners of the eyes. Blend well outwards and subtly into your blue shadow shade, lightly. Also swipe this shade along the outer, bottom lashline, smudging subtly as you go.
- Apply a vivid, almost neon green shadow to the inner eyes to add a mermaid-esque element of color to this look. I always use Sugarpill shadows for my VIVID, hard to find pigment shades. The perfect green is hard to find, but with Sugar Pill Eyeshadow in Midori/bright green, you'll get the perfect amount of intensity. You can find Sugarpill online.
- Line your upper eyes in a stark, clean black cat eye. I used Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black.
- Give your lashes some oomph by applying a lengthening mascara to them. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black is perfect for this.
- Highlight your upper cheekbones with a shimmering, champagne highlighter. Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop is one of my favorites, because it's natural yet noticeable and has a beautiful, golden hue. Also apply this lightly under your brow arch and along the bridge of the nose.
- Accentuate your cheeks and chisel your nose subtly with an amazing new product such as the Becca LOWLIGHT Sculpting Perfector. This product is really cool because unlike many contour shades, it truly does have the perfect hue of a lowlight in natural light. Blend well.
- Buff a subtle amount of a peachy, shimmering blush onto the apples of your cheeks. I used Tarte Cheek Stain Blush in Glisten/golden peachy pink. It blends so easily, and looks natural.
- Line the outer corners of your lips with a brownish pink liner, feathering inwards as you apply it. Nars Velvet Lipliner in Karekare/bright rose is the perfect shade of nude and pink combined.
- Apply Sephora Rouge Matte Lipstick in Rock Queen/nude pink subtly in the very middle of the lips, leaving the liner on the outer corners subtly visible. Blend the lips, so the two shades melt together. This makes the lips look slightly fuller! All done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.