This season offers us a time to celebrate all things sparkly. Here’s a new way to take a basic holly design and extend it into a classy bracelet. I did this bracelet in parts to show each color as it was added, however, you could totally do it all at once if you are careful with the glitter.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Skin safe glue (yBody is the one I like)
- Brushes for painting the glue
- Red, light green, dark green, blue, gold glitter
- Brushes for glitter
STEP BY STEP:
- You’ll need clean skin to start this, so use a little rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to clean off all oil and dirt off the place you’ll do the glitter tattoo. The first step I did was to make the three round dots with glue that will be the holly berries.
- As soon as the glue was dry, I did the red glitter on them.
- Next, I did the veins of the leaf. I add a few dots as well.
- I did that part all in the light green. I wanted to curve the leaves around the hand, like they’d fall around it naturally.
- Using the dark green, I filled in the leaves to create the trademark holly leaf shape. I left a tiny sliver of space between the light and dark green, which I later filled with the blue.
- The blue was just another color to add extra dimension to the leaves.
- The final part was the bracelet; I did interlocking “S” shapes with dots to create it and covered it in gold glitter. You could also do it in silver, or double it for a bigger bracelet size. Voila! Your holiday holly glitter bracelet is ready to shine.
View more posts from Painted Mistress here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: Painted Mistress
I'm a rainbow haired, walking kaleidoscope of color, glitter, and awesome.... READ MORE>>