Bold lips, intense eyes, nude lips, natural eyes - there are so many combinations to choose from if you're already considering your Valentine's Day look!
In this look, I combine a bit of both. This palette is a slightly updated classic, with modern deep, smokey eyes, a pop of color and soft yet bold lips. Perfect for anything you have planned for Valentine's Day!
YOU WILL NEED:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Gunmetal/grey (about $19.00)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/matte black (about $19.00 )
Makeup Forever Eyeshadow S404 Straw Yellow (about $21.00)
Stila All Day Liquid Liner in Black (about $22.00)
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black (about $23.00)
Nars Lip Liner in Lanikai/Burgundy ( about $24.00)
Nars Lipstick in Afghan Red (about $27.00)
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (about $41.00)
Sephora Blush Powder in Love at First Sight Pink (about $14.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Gunmetal/grey to the entire upper eyelid and along the bottom lashline. Blend in soft, outward motions.
- Apply Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/matte black in the crease. Blend outwards softly. Also apply this shade softly in the corners of the outer eye area, extending it onto outer corner of the bottom lashline. Blend! Make sure to leave your "Gunmetal" shade visible though on on the bottom lashline.
- Add a pop of modern color by applying a small amount of Makeup Forever Eyeshadow S404 Straw Yellow to the inner corner of the eyes. Blend softly.
- Line the upper lashline with an eye enhancing streak of black liner. I used Stila All Day Liquid Liner in Black. I love this liner because it is waterproof and lasts all day!
- In soft, steady motions apply 1-2 coats of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black to your lashes.
- The lips really set this look up for its classic appeal! Line your lips in Nars Lip Liner in Lanikai/Burgundy. This shade will define and add depth to your lips in a soft yet bold way when paired with the lipstick shade I've chosen for you below.
- Swipe Nars Lipstick in Afghan Red onto the middle of the lips and with a lip brush blend into your liner for a beautiful red lip that is stunning yet soft.
- Highlight your upper cheekbones with a shimmering, golden powder such as Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone. Also apply a bit of this under the arch of your eyebrows.
- Add a bit of soft color to your cheeks by applying Sephora Blush Powder in Love at First Sight Pink to the apples of your cheeks. Done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.