Eyes are the mirror of our soul, they reflect our intentions and reveal our feelings. Women with large opened eyes are especially appealing and mysterious, that's why we devote such a big importance to eye makeup. Some of us were naturally gifted with big opened eyes and luxurious eyelashes. And others needs to work a little bit harder to get the desirable anime eye effect. Today I'm going to reveal few makeup secrets you have never heard before and teach you how to make your eyes look extra huge just like eyes of anime character.
Follow These Easy Steps To Achieve An Anime-Like Effect:
1. The very first step is to fill in your eyebrows and apply an eyeshadow primer all over the eyelid. This product will secure makeup and make it last all day long without fading and creasing.
2. The next step is absolutely optional. Apply eye enlarging circle lens and let your eyes get used to them. If necessary put a special eye drops to make your eyes feel more comfortable.
3. Now it is time to sketch the new shape for a future anime eye. Lightly apply a dramatic eyeliner with a sharp black pencil and sketch a new bottom lashline.
4. Fill in the waterline and the space between your real bottom lashline and a new lashline with a white eye pencil. Highlight the corners of your eye and brow bone with white satin eyeshadow.
5. With the help of a pencil brush, apply a light brown matte eyeshadow a little bit higher than your natural eye crease. A fake cut crease will create an illusion of a bigger eye and you can use this trick in your everyday makeup as well.
6. For the bottom lashline use a bright pink eyeshadow and blend them with the help of a blending brush. This eye look is called 'blushing eyes' and it is very popular among kawaii Korean girls. To finish up your anime eye makeup, apply tiny false lashes on the bottom lashline and regular lashes on the top.
Clear And Bright Eyes
Redness can drastically reduce the beauty of your eyes and makeup. A good old eight hours of 'beauty sleep' is the best remedy against tired red eyes. Try using cold spoons or ice cubes in the morning, this method will make your eyes wake up faster.
White Eye Pencil
White can make everything appear larger. We are used to applying nude eye pencil on the lower waterline to open up our eyes. But for an extra enlargement effect, don't be shy to use a bright white eye pencil and take this to a whole new level. Apply white eye kohl on your bottom lashline, on the inner corner of your eyes and under the brow bone.
Professional makeup look is all about the golden ration and perfect proportions. What do we need to do to make the small eyes appear larger? Cheat the regular rules of face proportions and makeup! Contour your cheeks and nose to make them look smaller and overdraw eyeshadow and eyeliner on your eyes to make them appear bigger. For your lips, choose an ombre lip look or bjd doll inspired lips, check out my tutorial here.
For an extra large eye look, forget about your natural bottom lashline and lashes. We don't want and don't need to emphasize the natural features of the eye. Instead, we are going to cheat and apply false bottom lashes lower than they grow naturally. In case you don't have or don't like bottom lashes you can draw them on your skin. Use a liquid eyeliner and a tiny synthetic brush and draw lashes on the new false bottom line you've created.
Enlarging Circle Lens
Enlarging circle lens is an optional step, but in case you are aiming for a real life doll or anime eye look, try to use special lens with a graphic diameter more than 13 - 15 mm. Choose lens that perfectly blend with your natural eye color. They should be soft, comfortable and easy in usage. For this anime eye makeup look, I used For Vision On & On Blue Contact Lens and you can check the full review here.
Don't have circle lens at home? It's not a problem, because you can try this anime eye makeup even without circle lens. Check out my easy step by step eye enlarging makeup tutorial without lens here and recreate this look right away, without buying extra equipment. Until next time, hugs and kisses ♡
Lots of love,