This week I have another lip tutorial for you! This is a yellow ombre lip and would actually compliment dark smokey eyes beautifully. Perhaps you might want to try this out on your next costume party or even Halloween?
Or you can use the same technique with different colors, possibly neutral shades for a more wearable look.
Enjoy the tutorial, below!
- Makeup Atelier Paris Water Color Yellow F12 Jaune
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Au Naturel Palette (Bark, Moss)
- BH Cosmetics Malibu Palette (yellow)
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Acid Palette (neon yellow)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- Fill in entire lips with Makeup Atelier Paris Water Color in Jaune.
- Begin contouring lips with a brown eyeshadow. I applied Moss which a warmer shade of brown to the outer edges. I used the Sleek Makeup I-Divine Au Naturel Palette
- Then, from the same palette, I used Bark, which is a deeper shade of brown, to outline the edges of the lips. I left out the inner upper lip by the cupid's bow to give the illusion of more fuller lips. Then slowly, blend this shade into the Moss shade to create a gradient effect.
- I then applied a rich yellow shadow from the BH Cosmetics Malibu Palette to the center of lips to reapply any color that might've gotten washed away while creating the gradient effect.
- Finally, apply a bright neon yellow to the center part of lips only. This will highlight the lips and add to the gradient effect, plus will give a more pouter pout! I used the Sleek Makeup I-Divine Acid Palette.And we're done!
View more posts from Yana here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: QNA Makeup Art
"What a fantastic and beautiful feeling knowing that what you create is unique!" READ MORE>>
Join my FB Group!