During winter, things can look and feel a bit dreary! Chase away the cold, wintery blues with this vivid, fun and exciting concept featuring bright purple, a flash of baby pink, a touch of cool green and a pop of copper!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay VICE 4 Palette ( about $30.00 ) with shades Beat Down, Fastball, Arctic, and Crowbar
- Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper/Black ( about $19.00 )
- Naked Flushed Palette in Streak ( about $32.00 )
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara in Black ( about $24.00)
- Tarte Lip Crayon in Thirsty/Red ( about $18.00 )
- Nars Lipstick in Cruising/Nude Pink ( about $27.00 )
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation grab your Urban Decay VICE 4 palette and apply the light pink shimmery shade "Fastball" all over the upper lids, blending softly in outward motions.
- Still in your UD VICE 4 palette, apply the deep violet shade "Beat Down" to the crease heavily, blending into "Fastball" in outward motions. Leave some of "Fastball" showing on the upper lid, to give your eyes a multidimensional look. Apply some of "Beat Down" to the outer corners of the bottom lashline as well.
- Apply the copper/golden hue "Crowbar" in your UD VICE 4 palette to the middle of the lower lashline, blend!
- Apply the metallic blue/green hue "Arctic" in your UD VICE 4 palette to the inner corners of the bottom lashline and softly blend into "Crowbar". Leave the golden/copper hue of "Crowbar" visible though still as well.
- Line your upper lashline with a sleek black liner, such as Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper/Black.
- Apply a volumizing, light, black mascara such as Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara in sweeping strokes to the lashes.
- Apply a natural contour to the hollows of the cheeks and along the bridge of the nose. You don't want a dramatic contour here, because your eyes will be the focal point of this look. I chose the subtle bronzed hue in the Streak Naked Flushed Palette for this. I apply it, and buffed it out softly, blending it.
- The great thing about the Streak Naked Flushed Palette is that it comes with matching a highlight and blush. I used the pearlescent soft shade as a highlight subtly on my cheek bones and under my brow arch.
- Line the lips very softly, just to subtly accentuate them, with a deep red liner. I used Tarte's Lip Crayon in Thirsty/Red .
- Over the red liner, blending as you go, apply a nude lipstick such as Nars Lipstick in Cruising/Nude Pink. This will define your lips let keep you from appearing overdone by letting your vivid eyeshadow have center stage. You're done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.