Hi guys and welcome to my December birthstone makeup tutorial! December is the last month of the year and it is the month of three different shades of blue and three different gemstones: tanzanite, zircon and turquoise.
I've decided to choose Tanzanite and its indigo glow as an inspiration for today's makeup tutorial. This stone was named by the place of its origin and the only geographical part of the world where it can be found - Tanzania. Tanzanite is the best stone that can represent the month of December and the holiday mood of this time of a year. Follow these easy steps to recreate this charming indigo smoky eye.
1. We are going to start our Tanzanite makeup by applying an eyeshadow primer. Apply it all over your eyelid and blend the product with your ring finger. Eyeshadow primer will make the makeup last longer without creasing and fading.
2. Fill in your eyebrows using a matte eyebrow pencil, or an eyeshadow as you prefer. Highlight the brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes using a white eyeshadow and start to fill in your crease with brown matte eyeshadow.
3. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes and start to apply indigo blue pigmented eyeshadow on your eyelid. You can use liquid eyeshadow for extra pigmentation and shine. Don't forget to blend the transitions between the colors with a clean blending brush.
4. Now it is time to work a little on the bottom lashline. Apply some eyeshadow on your bottom lashes and blend it with the brush. Apply black eye kohl on the bottom and upper waterline and set it with black eyeshadow.
5. Finish your makeup with a beautiful and playful cat eyeliner and mascara. Don't forget to curl your eyelashes for extra volume and you can also apply falsies, but this step is optional. That's all, your Tanzanite inspired birthstone makeup is done!
I can't believe I have finished all 12 makeup tutorials inspired by all 12 birthstones, it was truly an interesting and creative journey for me. happy birthday to everyone, who was born in December, you are lucky to have such a gorgeous gem as your birthstone. I really hope you liked this makeup, please let me know what you think of it. Kisses and until the next time:*
Lots of love,