There's no need to over-complicate your look this spring! Pair classic black and white shadow with a pastel lavender lip to create simplistic, elegant, yet unique drama to your look!
This palette also goes with an array of outfit concepts and works for various events such as barbecues, concerts, graduate parties and even nights out!
- Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Shadow Trio in Cosmic Flame ( about $11.00 )
- Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black (about $19.00)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black (about $23.00)
- Nars Blush in Oasis/Shimmering Pink (about $30.00)
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour Palette (about $40.00)
- Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Requiem/Lavender (about $20.00 )
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and liquid foundation, apply a matte, stark, white eyeshadow all over the eyelids, and also apply along the lower lashline as well. Apply a decent amount of this white shadow in your inner eye area as well. I used the Sephora Microsmooth Baked Shadow Trio in "Cosmic Flame" which came with a beautiful, matte white.
- Apply a soft, burnt sienna or reddish brown to the upper eyelid's crease. Blend outwards and buff outwards. Again, I used the brown shade in the Sephora Microsmooth Baked Shadow Trio in "Cosmic Flame"
- Apply a matte, black shadow to the crease and blend outwards. For my black eyeshadow tone, I used the black shade in the Sephora Microsmooth Baked Shadow Trio in "Cosmic Flame." Blend, blend, and blend! Also put some of this shade in the outer corner of the lower lashline and blend outwards as well. Leave the middle and inner parts of the lower lashline white.
- Line your upper eyes with a clean, black liner in a soft, yet sweeping cat eye. I used Kat Von D's liquid black liner in Trooper.
- Apply two coats of a lengthening and voluminous black mascara to the upper lashes. Apply a softer single coat to the bottom lashes. I used Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara in Black.
- Contour your face with a soft, made nude/brown shade about 2 shades darker than your foundation shade. Highlight your face with a matte, soft light shade 2 shades lighter than your foundation. I made things easy, and used the Too Faced "Cocoa Contour" Kit. I used the "light" kit, since my skin shade is fairly pale. The kit also comes in a medium/dark kit if that choice better suits your skintone. I chiseled my face softly by placing the bronze-like shade along the sides of my nose and in the hollows of my cheeks and made sure to blend. I placed the highlight shade on top of the apples of my cheeks and under my brow arch for definition.
- Buff a soft, lightly shimmering or matte neutral pink blush into the apples of the cheeks. I used Nars Blush in "Oasis". Don't overdo the blush, a little goes a long way.
- Last but not least, apply an on trend coat of liquid lipstick in a pale lavender. I used Kat Von D's "Requiem" which I love! You're done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.