Spring has sprung, for the most part and it's time to add some new shades into your look! Not quite ready to sport those extreme summer shades like neon orange or yellow? Mix bronze, teal and berry tones together to create a sultry, yet fresh new palette instead!
YOU WILL NEED:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Chase/Bright Bronze: About $19.00
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Haight/Mermaid Blue: About $19.00
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/Matte Black: About $19.00
Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 14L - White Sheen: About $19.00
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper/Black: About $19.00
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara in Black: About $24.00
Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis/Warm Garnet Red: About $28.00
Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Milk Chocolate: About $30.00
Urban Decay Afterglow 8 Hour Powder Highlight in Sin/Champagne: About $26.00
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a bright shimmering bronze shadow such as Urban Decay's "Chase" all over the eyelid and lower lashline, blending and buffing subtly as you go.
- As an accent tone, apply a steely blue grey or vivid mermaidy teal shade such as Urban Decay's "Haight" eyeshadow to the upper crease of the eyes. Focus on applying this primarily in the outer, upper crease. Blend, blend, blend into your already applied bronze shade. Apply a bit of this blue shade to the outer, lower lashline as well. Blend.
- Apply a matte black eyeshadow such as Urban Decay's "Blackout" to the outer, lower lashline. Blend into your blue tone well. This will also work as an accent.
- Line your upper lashline with a thick, black, vivid streak of liquid liner. Kat Von D's liquid liner in black/Trooper stays on all day and is easy to apply.
- Apply a plain white liner to the lower waterline of the eyes. Choose something without glitter so not to irritate your eyes all day. I used Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes liner in 14L/White Sheen because of it's texture and vivid white pigment which isn't irritable and stays on all day. This white liner on the bottom eyelids will really make your eyes pop.
- Apply a lash lengthening coat of black mascara to your lashes with an enhancing product like Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara in black.
- Fill in your lips with a matte, deep burgundy or wine red shade. This really pulls the look together without overdoing it. I used Bobbi Brown's Art Stick in Cassis/Warm Garnet Red.
- Buff a natural, matte bronzer into the hollows of your cheeks, and lightly along the bridge of your nose. I used Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Milk Chocolate.
- Apply a soft, shimmery natural highlight to the upper cheekbones, and under the arch of your eyebrows. I used Urban Decay's Afterglow 8 Hour Powder in Sin/Champagne. You're done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.