Hello Dolls! Now that Valentine's Day has passed, it's time to preserve the memories!
I wanted to share this neat idea for those of you who are like me and don't like to see a beautiful flower dying and rotting away! I learned to do this when I was about ten and it has stuck with me since;)
***Steps to Pressing and Preserving your Flowers***
1) Take your flower and lay it down between two sheets of napkins.
2) Slowly flatten the petals and mold them how you'd like. Try not to mess around with this too much as you don't want to ruin or break the petals. Be gentle.
3) When you're satisfied, slowly press the flower between the napkins and place right between the pages of a nice thick hardcover book concealing away the flower and napkins.
4) It's time to place weight on the book. You may use several books or you may use a really heavy box. Apply enough weight so that it distributes evenly among the book.
5) Now, just wait a few weeks and voila!
Now that you have pressed the flower, you may ask, what do I do with it? Here's a few options:
1) Frame the flower as wall art!
2) Place in a Photo Scrapbook and/or Photo Album
3) Take the individual petals and put them into a clear vase or jar and use as art decor!
Hope you find this useful and will give it a try!
What do you do with your flowers?