There's so many endless and artistic looks you can create with the pencil technique and it really provides a very clean and polished application.
Although this is a very avante garde / editorial type of look, you can use the same technique to create a crisp and clean look but a more wearable version, of course.
This tutorial is great for beginners wanting to try out this technique.
Have fun and enjoy the tutorial!
- Cascada Of Colours Black Eye Pencil
- Cascada Of Colours White Eye Pencil
- Makeup Atelier Paris Watercolour Aqua F02 White
- Makeup Atelier Paris Watercolour Aqua F25 Bright Pink
- Sleek I-divine Acid Palette (black, purple, pink)
- Black Eyeshadow Sleek
- Diamond Powder Loose White
- Makeup Atelier Paris Watercolour Aqua F31 Purple
- Rimmel Black Liquid Eyeliner
- False Eyelashes
- L'oréal Paris Voluminous Power Volume 24h Mascara
- NYX Cosmetics Liquid Crystal Liner - Crystal Gold (LCL101)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- Using a white eye pencil, draw the outline of the desired look. Then, trace over the outer part using black to add dimension.
- Using a white eye base, I’ll be using Makeup Atelier Paris Watercolours today for the eye bases, fill in the rest of the lid area and blend evenly.
- Apply a bright pink eyeshadow above the design blending into the eyebrows and fading upwards.
- Apply white eyeshadow to the lid.
- Using the black eye pencil, begin shading. Then use black shadow to blend and soften the edges.
- Apply white diamond powder to the center part of the lid for a touch of sparkle.
- Using black eye pencil, sketch a wavy inverted ‘s’ shape on the outer edge of the eye, extending from the outer, upper lashline.
- Add the pink shadow below the design. Blend to diffuse the edges.
- Now, apply purple shadow to the outer part of the eye, blending into the pink. This will add dimension and create a gradient effect.
- Soften the outer edges with a light application of pink shadow and make sure to blend and soften the look.
- Apply false lashes.
- Line the upper and lower lashline with black liner.
- Finish with mascara.
- Optional: Embellish the look with jeweled gems and glitter!
- Lips: For the ombre lips, I outline the lips with red lipliner and filled them in. Then using a violet lipliner, I outline the outer edges and corners, creating small 'v' to add dimension. Finally, I filled in the center of the lips with a bright red lipstick.
View more posts from Yana here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: QNA Makeup Art
"What a fantastic and beautiful feeling knowing that what you create is unique!" READ MORE>>
Join my FB Group!