Here's a two-in-one lip tutorial! The first is how to create the popular ombre lips and the second is how to add on top of them for these beautiful editorial spring-esque butterfly inspired lips!
Hope you enjoy the look!
- Benefit Cosmetics It Stick Concealer Pencil (used as a base)
- Max Factor Pencil - Blue
- Makeup Atelier Paris Watercolour Aqua F04 Blue
- BH Cosmetics Eyes On The '60s Eyeshadow Palette (sky blue, purple)
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Acid Palette (neon green)
- Mac Fluidline - Blacktrack
- Black Glitter Liner (outline)
- Nail Art Caviar Beads (embellishment)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- Begin with a base. I used a concealer pencil all over lips. Then outline the outer corners with a blue pencil.
- Fill in the outer corners of the lips with the blue pencil.
- Using a sky blue eyeshadow, fill in the lips, entirely.
- Using another base, apply a deep blue color to the outermost part of the lips, creating a gradual gradient effect from dark to light with the darkest blue at the outer corners.
- Now apply a violet colored eyeshadow over the base, to intensify the outer corners. You now have blue/purple ombre lips!
- For even more fun, I decided to add a pop of green! Using a bright neon green shadow, apply to the center of the lips.
- Now the fun part, the design! Using black gel liner, outline the lips. Then, following the natural shape of the cupid’s bow, draw a vertical line down the center of the upper lip. Now draw 2-3 lines on each side of the upper lip.
- Finish the look by outlining the black with a shimmer liner and add caviar beads for an editorial look!
View more posts from Yana here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: QNA Makeup Art
"What a fantastic and beautiful feeling knowing that what you create is unique!" READ MORE>>
Join my FB Group!