Summer colors always include gold! Make this shade the focus of your look with this new, bright and creative palette. Wear it to the beach, concerts or any summer party event and get your glow on!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked/golden bronze (about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog/deep coppery bronze (about $19.00)
- Sugar Pill Eyeshadow in Goldilux/bright gold shimmer (about $14.50)
- Sephora Eye Pencil To Go in White ( about $6.00 )
- Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black ( about $19.00 )
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black ( about $23.00 )
- Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop ( about $38.00 )
- Becca LowLight Sculpting Perfector ( about $38.00 )
- Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder in Bronze Glow (about $46.00)
- Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in TBT/mauve nude (about $20.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a shimmering light gold shadow all over the eyelid. Swipe along the lower lashline. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked/golden bronze shimmer. Blend outwards softly.
- Apply a deep, coppery, bronze, shimmery shadow such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog/deep coppery bronze into the upper crease and corners of the eyes. Blend well outwards, and subtly into your light gold shadow shade. Also swipe this shade along the outer, bottom lashline, smudging subtly as you go.
- Apply a bright, glittering gold shade to the inner eyes to add dimension to this look. Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Goldilux is such a beautiful, glittering shade of bright gold and is not irritating to the eyes at all. Apply this to the inner eyes and in the center of the eyelids. Blend, blend and blend. You can find Sugarpill online.
- Line your upper lashline in a stark, clean black cat eye. I used Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper/Black.
- Apply a bright, matte white eyeliner to the corners of the outer eyes on the bottom waterline. This makes your eyes appear more awake, brighter and larger subtly. I used Sephora Eye Pencil To Go in White.
- Give your lashes some oomph by applying a lengthening mascara to them. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black is perfect for this.
- Highlight your upper cheekbones with a shimmering, champagne highlighter. Becca Highlighter in Poured Creme/Champagne Pop is one of my favorites, because it's natural yet noticeable and has a beautiful, golden hue. Also apply this lightly under your brow arch and along the bridge of the nose.
- Accentuate your cheeks and chisel your nose subtly with an amazing new product such as the Becca LOWLIGHT Sculpting Perfector. This product is really cool because unlike many contour shades, it truly does have the perfect hue of a lowlight in natural light. Blend well.
- It's hard to find a vivid gold blush that isn't pinky or brown, so I chose Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder in Bronze Glow as a blush for this look. This is a little unconventional, but it totally works for this look. Apply this to the apples of your cheeks, and buff outwards, blending as you go.
- Apply Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in TBT/mauve nude lavishly to the entire upper and lower lips. This nude shade really compliments the gold hues in this palette.
- When you're done, and the lipstick you just applied is dry, grab that Sugarpill Goldilux and dab a bit in the middle of your lips. This adds a neat accent! You're done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.