The pastel trend is still going hard and you can channel this look within your cosmetic palette as well!
In this tutorial, I infused pastel mint with pastel yellow and pastel lilac for a unique look that appears natural yet is extremely modern.
YOU WILL NEED:
Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in Crystalline White (about $21.00)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Loaded/emerald (about $19.00)
Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Fingers Crossed/light forest green (about $10.00)
Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Suglasses needed/yellow (about $10.00)
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper/black (about $19.00)
Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara in Black (about $24.00)
Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up Cream Highlight (about $30.00)
Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Bronzer in Lit (about $30.00)
Sephora Lip Liner to Go in Vintage Pink (about $6.00)
Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick in "Requiem/soft lilac (about $20.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and foundation, apply a light shimmering, cool based green such as Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Fingers Crossed/forest green to the entire upper eyelid, and along the bottom lashline of the eyes as well. Blend outwards softly.
- In the crease,, apply a deep, dark, forest-y emerald shade such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Loaded/emerald softly. Blend outwards. Swipe this along the outer edges of your bottom lashline as well.
- Add dimension to your look by giving the eyelid a soft highlight. Apply a white, soft, shimmery shadow such as Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in Crystalline White to the middle of the eyelid. Blend softy into the light green but don't overpower it.
- In the inner corner of the eyes, add a hint of neon by applying a vivid yellow shade such as Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Suglasses needed/yellow. This hint of yellow also adds dimension and sets this look apart.
- Apply a sleek cat eye to the upper lashline with a liquid liner. I'm a fan of Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper/black.
- Apply a layer of voluminous black mascara to the lashes. I used Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara in Black. It is natural in appearance yet gives great intensity to this look.
- Chisel your look subtly with a shimmering, pearly highlight. I used Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up Cream Highlight. Apply this on your upper cheek bones, under the arch of your brows, in the cupids bow of your upper lip and along the bridge of your nose. Blend, blend, blend.
- With a natural bronzed tone, accentuate your cheeks and slim your nose. I used Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Bronzer in Lit. I applied this along the sides of my nose, and in the hollows of my cheeks. Blend softly.
- Line your lips in a more natural based pink lipliner. I used Sephora Lipliner to Go in Vintage Pink. Blend inwards.
- Add a pop of lilac by applying a shade such as Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick in Requiem/soft lilac to the middle of the lips. Blend into your pink shade softly. Done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.