Need a fun autumn look that channels your inner vixen yet could still be wearable, day to night?
Check out my "Midnight Smolder" look which incorporates deep, dusk blues and a hint of metallics paired with a nude lip. Perfect for fall!
You Will Need:
- Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in I210 Light Turquoise (Iridescent) ( about $21.00)
- Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in ME406 Golden (Metallic) ( about $21.00
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Oil Slick - matte black with silver micro-glitter ( about $19.00)
- Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper Black ( about $19.00)
- Urban Decay Lip liner in Deep - warm brown-nude ( about $20.00)
- Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in Noble - petal pink nude (about $20.00)
- Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Baby Love - soft dusty nude w/ fine gold sparkle ( about $26.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying the foundation of your choice, apply a grayish blue eyeshadow such as Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in I210 Light Turquoise (Iridescent) ( about $21.00) to the entire lid and lower lashline. The shade of this blue makes this look, so don't choose a shade that's neon or too dark/navy. You want a grey/blue hue!
- In the crease of the upper eyes, apply a grayish black eyeshadow such as Urban Decay's Oil Slick. You don't want a shade that's STARK black. You want this look to mimic the look of the sky right before nightfall, semi muted, so muted shades work well. Apply this shade in the crease of the upper eyes and blend. Blend outwards towards the outer corner of the eyes.
- On the bottom lashline, also apply your grayish black eyeshadow, but keep it strictly in the outer corner of the bottom lashline. Blend in an outwards motion, away from the inner eyes. You want your grey/blue shade to remain visible in the inner eyes.
- Apply a metallic gold shade to the bottom lashline, right in the center. I used Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in ME406 Golden (Metallic). This pop of color really makes this look fun and unique! Just like a fall sunset almost! Blend well.
- Line your eyes with a stark, black liquid liner such as Kat Von D's liquid liner in Trooper Black. Line the top lashline only in a heavy, crisp line.
- Line your lips with a pecan, brown/nude shade. Urban Decay's lip liner in "Deep" is perfect. Any warm nude shade will work. Feather this shade into the lips about halfway.
- Fill in your lips entirely with a pale pink nude shade. Kat Von D's Everylasting lipstick in Noble works beautifully for this. If you've never tried Kat's everlasting lipsticks, you'll love them. They are so true to tone and come in an array of unique shades!
- Add a bit of nude blush with a hint of a brown tone to your cheeks. Too Faced Flush Blush in "Baby Love" is a perfect tone for this look! Done!
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.