October, how long I have been waiting for this month! You know why? Because October is one of the most exciting months of all year. It is the month of leaf fall, pumpkin spice and Halloween. And, of course, October has one of the most peculiar and charming birthstones - Iridescent Opal. October born people are lucky to choose between two precious gemstones: Tourmaline and Opal. But Opal was my personal inspiration for today's makeup tutorial.
I think Opal gemstone and it's elusive iridescent color perfectly represents cold October and nature's transition between autumn and winter. I've decided to play around with my eyeshadow palette and use all the shades I noticed in the raw Opal gemstone. Here are the steps you need to follow to recreate this Iridescent Opal Makeup look.
1. Start your opal makeup with an eyeshadow primer. Evenly apply the product all over your eyelid and blend it with the help of your ring finger. Eyeshadow primer will help your makeup last longer and look brighter. Don't forget to fill in your eyebrows with eyebrow pencil or matte eyeshadow.
2. For the next step, I applied creamy highlighter all over the lid. You can use glittery eyeshadow base or any other shimmering product. Highlight the inner corner of the eye and brow bone with satin eyeshadow and blend the transition with a soft blending brush.
3. Now it is time to apply bright blue eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eyelid. Use a dense natural eyeshadow brush and dab the color on the lid.
4. Continue with eyeshadow application, use all the bright shimmer colors, that closely represent an opal gemstone. Don't forget to blend the transition between the colors with a small blending brush. Finish up with a few pink eyeshadow details, chaotically place them with a pencil brush.
5. Apply a black liquid or cream eyeliner and tightline the upper waterline with black pencil. For the lower lashline, apply the same pink eyeshadow. Finish the opal makeup look with some mascara and false eyelashes.
Congratulations and best wishes to everyone, who was born in October! I really hope you liked my opal step by step makeup tutorial, please don't hesitate to let me know in the comment section what do you think of this makeup look, I'm excited to hear your opinion. Don't forget to follow my blog for more birthstone inspired makeup tutorials. Until next time ♥
Lots of love,