Today's makeup tutorial is part 2 of my everyday (wearable) glam series.
Last week I went over the dramatic cut crease eye makeup.
Today’s look is a classic matte smokey eye! Since this is a neutral look, this can be literally worn any way you like, either dressed down for a casual event or you can dress this up for a special event!
You can see both eye looks side by side here: left eye is the classic smokey eye and the right eye is the dramatic cut crease.
Have fun with it and enjoy the tutorial, below!
- Masquerade Cosmetics Blend Series Foundation - C1
- LA Girl Pro Concealer- Espresso (contouring)
- Ofra Cosmetics Rainbow Lips - Tropicana (cheeks/blush)
- Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation C3.1
- Elf Studio Blush Duo Contour
- theBalm Highlighter - Mary Lou Manizer
- Masquerade Cosmetics Black Pencil Eyeliner
- Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow 1 Palette ( S-102, D-562)
- MAC Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow
- Mac Fluidline -Blacktrack
- False Eyelashes
- Makeup Atelier Paris Pp21 White Orange (highlight)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - Blonde
- Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick 17 Old Rose Red
- Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick Well Read Red 20
- Impala Cosmetics Brooklin Lipliner 208
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- Begin by highlighting and contouring face. Then blend it all together using a foundation that matches your skin color.
- I used my Ofra Cosmetics Rainbow Wheel as a blusher for my cheeks and for a powder blusher I used the elf studio duo.
- For a powder highlight, I used Mary Lou Manizer. Check out my previous post for in-depth tutorial on highlighting and contouring.
- Begin with a black gel liner. Apply on the lower lashline creating a thicker line on the outer part of the eye and having it gradually thin out towards the inner part. I also slightly extended it towards the inner part, creating the illusion of larger eyes.
- Using a warm brown eyeshadow, smudge on the lower lashline to blend the black liner to create a smokey effect.
- Smudge the same color on the upper lashline on the part closest to the lash bed. Again, have the majority of the color towards the outer part of the eye and blend it towards the center part of the upper lashline. This effect will also elongate the eyes.
- Add a medium brown eyeshadow to the entire eyelid leaving the inner part empty. Also smudge this shadow on the outer part of the lower lashline.
- Add a luminous pearl pigment beneath the brows and to the inner corners for a beautiful highlight.
- Darken the upper lashline with black gel liner. Apply black eye pencil to the lower waterline.
- Apply a set of false eyelashes for a dramatic look.
- Finish with mascara!
View more posts from Yana here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: QNA Makeup Art
"What a fantastic and beautiful feeling knowing that what you create is unique!" READ MORE>>
Join my FB Group!