Here's another addition to my ombre lip series. I've created two different versions of the look: one is a more subtle ombre red/purple look and the other is a more fun editorial look.
Hope you enjoy the tutorial!
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- Begin with a mauve or plum lip pencil. Outline the outer corners of the lips, filling in the ‘v’ area.
- Then using a similar lip shade, fill in the outer edges.
- Use a red lip pencil and outline the rest of the lips and blend to create a soft feathered look.
- Now apply a red lipstick to the remaining part of lips and blend into the mauve shade, creating a gradient effect.
- Now add a lip lacquer to entire lips for a glossy shine.
- If you’d like to emphasize the ombre lip, add a purple or pink to the outer edges or outer ‘v’ again.
- Reapply the red to the center until you get the desired color opaqueness.
- Optional: for an editorial look, I added bright pink gloss to the bottom lip and blue and green loose pigment to the center. This of course is not practical but is a fun look for photography.
View more posts from Yana here
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
About the Author: QNA Makeup Art
"What a fantastic and beautiful feeling knowing that what you create is unique!" READ MORE>>
Join my FB Group!