I wore this classic, glam inspired look with a hint of violet in the eyeshadow on Valentine's Day and it was a hit!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Buck - Fawn Brown Matte ($18.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Baked - Rich Bronze Shimmer ($18.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Busted - Deep Brown Shimmer ($18.00)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Gravity - Deep Violet Shimmer with Multi-Colored Micro-Glitter ($18.00)
- Kat Von D Trooper - Ink Black ($19.00)
- Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Luminizer - 01 Stardust ($14.00)
- Makeup Forever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner - Red 8C - True Red ($19.00)
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - UNDERAGE RED - Matte Fire Engine Red - ($21.00)
- Nars Blush - Oasis - Sparkling Pink Champagne ($30.00)
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- First, with a nice blending brush apply Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Buck - fawn brown matte ($18.00) to the crease of the eyelid and the bottom lashline as well, blending outwards towards the brows.
- Take your golden hue, like Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Baked - rich bronze shimmer ($18.00 ) and apply also in the crease of the eyelid, blending outwards towards the brows and midway across the lower lashline. Apply heavily to the crease.
- Take a deep shimmering bronze hue, I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Busted - deep brown shimmer ($18.00) and with blending strokes, apply in the inner corners of the top and bottom eyelids, blending inwards and out, making sure not to overlap your gold hue too much.
- A little hint of deep purple makes this look unique! Make sure you use a deep plum and not neon purple. The plum paired with the brown is what makes this so complimentary. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Gravity - deep violet shimmer with multi-colored micro-glitter ($18.00) lightly over the top eyelid creases, where I used the dark brown "Busted" shade. I also lined the lower inner lashline subtly with this, making sure not to extend past the midway point of the lashline.
- Line the eyes with a black liner, I love Kat Von D Trooper - ink black ($19.00). I didn't line the bottom lashline and only lined the top.
- Apply a pearly toned highlight to the cheekbones, such as Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Luminizer - 01 Stardust ($14.00). Also with an eyeshadow blending brush apply this to the inner corner of the eyes and blend subtly inwards. Also apply to the arches of the eyebrows.
- With a cleanly sharpened lip liner pencil, line the lips in a true red tone sharply. I love, love, love Makeup Forever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner - Red 8C - true red ($19.00)
- Fill the lips in with a matte red lipstick, I used another favorite product of mine, Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - UNDERAGE RED - matte fire engine red - ($21.00).
- Lastly, apply a natural toned blush with some shimmer under the cheek bones softly like Nars Blush - Oasis - sparkling pink champagne ($30.00).
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.