Going out for the night? Sick of pretty pinks, purples and golds flooding the cosmetic trends for spring? Try something off the wall and go deep and dark with a midnight blue shadow paired with a glossy beige lip.
YOU WILL NEED:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Easy Baked/Light Bronze Shimmer - about $19.00
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Radium Peacock Blue Shimmer - about $19.00
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/Matte Black - about $19.00
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper/Black - about $19.00
Benefit They're Real Mascara in Black - about $24.00
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Blush in Tigerlily - about $34.00
Benefit Watts Up Cream Luminous Highlighter about $30.00
BUXOM Full On Lip Cream in Hot Toddy/toasty nude - $20.99
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
- After applying your favorite primer and liquid foundation, apply a light taupe or bronze eyeshadow to the entire eyelid and lower lashline. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Easy Baked/Light Bronze Shimmer. Buff outwards smoothly and lightly and blend into your skintone.
- Apply a matte black eyeshadow to the upper corners of your eyes and blend into your brown. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout/Matte Black. Don't overdo the black, this shade will function like an accent. Swipe some on the outer lower lashline of your eyes as well. Blend into your brown shadow.
- Apply a shimmering pop of color with a deep, royal blue or navy blue hue to the middle of the eyelid. I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Radium Peacock Blue Shimmer. This shade really makes this look eye catching! Apply this shade along your lower lashline as well. Buff well into your black, but make sure not to overpower the black shade.
- Apply a streak of black liquid liner to your upper lashline. I used Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper/Black .
- Accentuate your lashes with a sweep of volumizing mascara in black. Benefit They're Real Mascara in Black is a perfect choice!
- Lightly give a touch of color to your cheeks by applying soft peach shimmering blush. Do this lightly, as not to overpower your intense eyeshadow with too much going on elsewhere. I used Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Blush in Tigerlily, it was soft yet gave my cheeks a touch of color.
- Apply a cream or liquid shimmering pale highlight to your upper cheekbones, the bow of the lips and along your brow arch. Benefit Watts Up Cream Luminous Highlighter is smooth and works wonders when defining your favorite features.
- Lastly, apply a nude pink lip gloss with no shimmer, by high gloss to the lips. BUXOM Full On Lip Cream in Hot Toddy/toasty nude is just enough to make those lips stand out, but to continue to give the eyes the real focus.
View more posts from Krista here>>
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.